The freeFORM Board Pilates Master Class is a whole body Pilates practice which integrates the freeFORM Board into Pilates repertoire aligned with Pilates Principles and transitional movement flow.
This workshop will work systematically through the entire body providing exercise progressions for all fitness levels and flowing from standing to prone, lateral and supine movements. The freeFORM Board converts Pilates reformer and chair exercises onto a more fluid, portable and adaptable device free of restriction and requires three dimensional stabilisation.
– Experience movement transitions from one exercise to another within the construct of a Pilates floor class using the freeFORM board.
– Embody a sequence of exercises that are programmed to prepare the body for a dynamic movement progression that goes beyond the mat.
– Explore the functionality of the Pilates method using the freeFORM board.
– Create your own Pilates exercise using the freeFORM board.
– Obtain a teaching skill set for stretching the body in preparation for Pilates or as an integrated principle of the Pilates method.
– Gain constructive techniques to increase stability and balance of the body.
– Essential cueing for using freeFORM based exercises on Reformer, Wunda Chair & Cadillac.
ABOUT YOUR EDUCATOR, BRAD LEEON:
Brad Leeon is owner and director of Leeon Studio Pilates in Sydney. His experience as a movement practitioner, educator, presenter and consultant spans over many years. His involvement and work with freeFORM goes back to the boards earliest foundations. The fusion and integration with the freeFORM board and Pilates that Brad has designed is a unique and original combination of work.
Completion of the Polestar Pilates Comprehensive Series or comprehensive Pilates Teacher Training from a Pilates Alliance of Australia approved school or licensed medical rehabilitation professional.