Are you bored by resistance bands? Think rings and rollers are so last year? This masterclass with Joanne Bezzina will re-invent and re-inspire the way you use small props in your group classes.
Jo makes this mat masterclass fun and dynamic to bring back the spark and provide new functional uses for your Pilates props. A 90-minute class in which you’ll discover creative ways to use theraband, magic circle and small inflatable (chi) balls with imagery. The majority of the class will be based on additions to the generally accepted mat repertoire- traditional work as taught in contemporary classes.
Jo will also share some additional exercises that you can use to complement a mat class with the props that are not specifically Pilates, but Pilates-inspired. The use of the props is a great way to enhance your understanding of the repertoire you already know. It will challenge you to think critically about what you want to achieve in your classes, rather than using props just for the novelty factor.
Ultimately, this class will challenge you to ask “why am I using this prop?” and “what value does it add to my class?” while inspiring you with new ideas.
– Learn how props can both assist and challenge existing repertoire in different ways
– Gain creative options when teaching kinaesthetic learners to improve proprioceptive awareness
– The ability to bring visual cues to life via the feedback the props provide
– Access movements usually only available on the Pilates apparatus by using the small props
– Sequencing ideas that can be incorporated immediately into classes as well as additional Pilates inspired exercises that will complement existing mat repertoire
Completion of the Polestar Pilates Comprehensive Series or comprehensive Pilates Teacher Training from a Pilates Alliance of Australia approved school or licensed medical rehabilitation professional.