|Level 1 – Fundamentals (2 days)||Perth – Performance Pilates & Physiotherapy||04-05 May 2019||8am-5pm||Nick Dawe|
|Levels 2/3 – Afferent/Efferent (3 days)||Sydney – Polestar Pilates Studio||17-19 May 2019||8am-5pm||Daniel & Nick|
|Level 1 – Fundamentals (2 days)||Brisbane – The Body Refinery||22-23 June 2019||8am-5pm||Nick Dawe|
|Second half 2019 (dates TBC):Level 1 – Melbourne, Hobart, Sydney and Adelaide and Central Coast (register your interest)|
FUNDAMENTALS – LEVEL 1
The Oov plus traditional Pilates empowers you to diagnose and improve movement at an unprecedented level. This 2-Day Fundamentals Level 1 Course explores how the Oov improves core stability and functional movement. Learn about the structure and queuing techniques to facilitate Mat Pilates on the Oov.
Oov Education bridges the gap between disciplines of movement, bodywork, health, wellness, healing, and performance. We are committed to sharing the latest best practice research in our courses, ensuring your education and experiences with the Oov continue to evolve. An introduction to working with the Oov begins with the Oov Fundamentals (Level I) Course.
AFFERENT / EFFERENT – LEVEL 2 & 3
THIS COURSE COMBINES OUR PREVIOUS LEVEL 2 AND LEVEL 3 COURSES INTO ONE 3 DAY COURSE.
This course shows movement professionals and practitioners how to identify and change multiple functional domains in the body using task based, kinaesthetic intelligence upregulating, movement based interventions. This course will build on the foundation of Level 1 and empower practitioners to assess clients and patients in a complete, whole body manner quickly and safely.
This course explains and provides interventions for an Efferent and an Afferent patient and presentation.
Specifically, this course will address the central organisational structures, the peripheral biomechanics and more importantly, their relationship to one another, what needs addressing first for the unique patient/client in front of the practitioner at that time and how to go about making that change.
This course explains the inextricable link between the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS), Respiratory mechanics, axial kinaesthetic awareness and inflammatory patterns in the body and brain.
Strength, speed, power and agility are achieved more effectively if your client can maintain motor control, stability and endurance; these form the basis of the exercises in the Oov Foundation Course.
– Recognise how using the Oov can facilitate improvement in Functional Movement
– Balance Training as a means to enhance motor learning and performance
– The ability to take traditional Mat Pilates exercises and apply them to the Oov
– Proficient at creating stability for clients by improving their mobility on the Oov
– Understand the role that Dissociation plays in enhancing stability training
– The Four Pillars of Movement and their relationship to efficient performance; the cornerstone of your ability to teach Functional Movement
– Identify faulty or inefficient Movement Patterns with regards to postural type
– The structure and the queuing techniques to facilitate Mat Pilates on the Oov
Oov Courses are experiential and you will need to purchase an Oov with the course if you do not already have one. Ordered Oov’s will be waiting for you at the host site. Price range below varies if you are bringing your own OOV or buying one with the package
Level 1 Fundamentals – 2 Day Course AUD $550-$730 (exclusive of GST) includes online training material.
Level 2/3 – Afferent/Efferent- 3 Day Course AUD $900-$1070 (exclusive of GST) includes online training material.
– Physical Therapists
– Massage Therapists
– Practitioners of movement such as, Pilates instructors, Yoga instructors, fitness instructors, Alexander Technique, Feldenkrais, Gyrotonic, Coaches with a movement science background, and more.
The Oov Fundamentals (Level I) course is a prerequisite for the Oov Education programs that cover each discipline and specialty area, all based on latest research and best practices.
Out of care for our environment; course materials for this course are not printed out. When you have registered for your Oov Course, you will receive access to your support materials online. Your are welcome to print the manual if you feel this is helpful to your learning process. Please consider our environment before printing course materials.