The Ultimate Reformer Series
The Ultimate Reformer Certification has been designed with all movement specialists in mind from physical therapists to personal trainers and group instructors
Graduates will be able to instruct Reformer classes in a Pilates Studio, small group session (semi or private); gym group classes; health center group classes; home and corporate environment.
Download Full Course Details
The Ultimate Reformer Certification has been designed with all movement specialists in mind from physical therapists to personal trainers and group instructors. Graduates will be able to instruct Reformer classes in a Pilates Studio, small group session (semi or private); gym group classes; health center group classes; home and corporate environment.
The Ultimate Reformer Series consists of 4 x two-day on-site courses and 2 x practicums in this order: Polestar Principles, REF 1, Practicum 1, REF 2, Practicum 2, REF 3, approx 1 month apart. The repertoire consists of over 60 exercises with variations and modifications.
Students who graduate from Polestar’s Ultimate Reformer series qualify for:
- Group Membership with the Pilates Alliance of Australasia
- Fitness Pilates Instructor (FPI) with AUSactive. Must also include the unit NAT10828001 – Work within the Pilates Industry (from the Diploma).
- For those already members with AUSactive you will receive 15 CEC’s for REF1-REF3 and 10 CEC’s for PP.
- Members with ESSA will receive 15 CPDs
Minimum requirements for entry into this course are:
- Attainment of HSC / Secondary education or tertiary education equivalent
- A good understanding of Pilates – we recommend completing a minimum of 25 hours of personal Pilates practice either in private or group sessions. This may include matwork and studio work (preferably with a Polestar Pilates certified practitioner). This can be provided as a log from your studio/gym or letter/email from your Pilates practitioner.
- Successful completion of Polestar’s online Anatomy course or HLTAAP001 (Recognise healthy body systems in a health care context) equivalent. RPL for units completed through a recognised complementary health care college or RTO are accepted once transcript is provided to compliance.
- PP: NAT10828002
Ability to apply the Polestar Pilates Principles & Postural assessment framework.
- REF1: Ability to plan and instruct a beginner Polestar Pilates Reformer class.
- REF2: Ability to plan and instruct an intermediate level Reformer class
- REF3: Ability to plan and instruct an advanced level Reformer class.
- HLTWHS003: Ability to maintain work health and safety
- Lectures & Homework: 155 hrs
- Academic units: 50 hrs
- Observation: 30 hrs
- Self-Mastery: 50 hrs
- Apprentice Teaching: 50 hrs
- Final Exam: 3 hrs
POLESTAR’S ONLINE RESOURCE CENTRE
Upon registration, you are automatically enrolled into Polestar’s Online Resource Centre where you will have access to interactive study resources including lectures, case studies, repertoire review and much more. Check your inbox for an email outlining your homework assignments and lots of useful information for your course. During your first weekend Unit, you will receive your manuals and this is when you can start to complete your logbook hours.
Practicums help accelerate your teaching and demonstration hours in a supported environment with an Educator. Teaching is within a clinical format against units of competency and allows students to accrue 2 hours for 1 hour (1:2) towards their student logbook. Topics included will be review of Theory, Repertoire, Case Studies and Self-Mastery demonstration and teaching. They are schedule generally over 4hrs but can be shorter and some are online.
There are 2 Practicums scheduled as part of the Matwork course and are included in the course fees.
You have 12 months from when you start Polestar Principles (PP) to take your exam. The exam consists of a two-hour multiple choice exam and class design case study, and a one hour practical exam showing demonstration and teaching skills. All your log book hours must be completed.
Ultimate REFORMER Certification Units: PP, Ref1, Ref2, Course Manuals, Logbook, Online portal and Final Exam and 2 Practicums.
Deposit: $710 | Payment plan: $570 x 4
Note: there will be some additional costs which are not covered in the course fees. As part of your logbook hours all repertoire must be signed off for teaching and demonstration. Polestar allocates time at each face to face weekend for check off but if these are not completed they must be done in your own time at your cost with a Mentor. Also Self Mastery logbook hours will be at an additional cost, note that 15 hours can be completed as self directed study (unsupervised).
All prices are in Australian dollars and include GST when applicable. All prices are subject to change without notice.
Registration Policies (including Cancellations and Transfers) – Please refer to the REGISTRATION POLICY
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
Anatomy & Physiology
Learn basic anatomy & physiology online efficiently in preparation for your teacher training.
Studio Rehab Series
In-depth training that teaches you how to use all the equipment designed by Joseph Pilates.
Complete Mat Series
If you want a career teaching Pilates, the Complete Mat Series is the ideal place to start.
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR FEEDBACK?
We would love to hear from you. Please use the form below to send your message and we’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible.