Understanding Shoulder Pathologies & How Pilates Can Help
THE INJURY SERIES PART 3: PILATES FOR SHOULDER PATHOLOGIES
Pilates is a great way to help your clients with shoulder problems. Learn about the common shoulder pathologies and how to restore balance with Pilates-based interventions.
Pilates is an ideal environment to help those suffering with shoulder pathology. Learn about the common pathologies that present in the studio and how to help your clients regain muscular balance around the joint. This workshop features a comprehensive theory component plus enough practical to give you a solid starting point for managing these clients in the studio.
What you will learn:
- Common shoulder pathology symptoms and presentations
- Anatomy & biomechanics of the shoulder
- Review common pathologies (e.g. labral tears, impingements, rotator cuff tears and bursitis)
- Exercises appropriate to begin with including regressions & progressions
- When too refer and how to work alongside the referring practitioner
- Review the latest clinical studies of strength exercises and contraindication for these conditions
Completion of a comprehensive Pilates teacher program from a Pilates Method Alliance approved school (such as Polestar Ultimate Reformer Series or Polestar Comprehensive Studio/Rehabilitation course)