Pilates for Chronic Low Back Pain
CLBP - Chronic low back pain
Chronic Low Back Pain (CLBP) is a multi-dimensional problem, and under this premise we will approach it from different perspectives to design optimal rehab & training programs for people suffering CLBP.
This course presents the most up-to-date and evidence-based reasoning and intervention tools: movement, motor learning, biomechanics, neuroscience, cognitive sciences, communication and of course Pilates will be our allies to achieve the best results for clients with CLBP.
Learn more about how to give a better treatment plan and recovery to clients who suffer from chronic pain.
The 20 video modules provide you the evidence-based framework to help you find your own effective movement interventions to improve workload capacity, facilitate pain modulation, and increase variability. They each vary from 20 to 60 minutes in length, depending on the topic.
WHAT YOU WILL FIND:
- 1 Year access to the 20 video modules
- Additional video material
- Quizzes after every video unit
- Private discussion forum for students (from all over the world!)
- Commentary of scientific papers about pain and movement latest research
introduction from juan
What you will learn:
Once you have registered, you will be able to access the following video-modules – in your own time. These video’s will be available for 12months post registration.
- Introduction to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Pain Physiology
- Central Sensitisation
- Classification of Lower Back Pain
- Patho-anatomical factors
- The Psycho-Social Cycle
- Lifestyle influence
- Physical factors I
- Physical factors II
- The Kynesio-pathological model
- The Bio-Psycho-Social Model
- The Chronic Pain Cycle
- Mechanical Low Back Pain
- Graded exposure to exercise
- Exercise prescription for LBP (Phase I)
- Exercise prescription for LBP (Phase II)
- Exercise prescription for LBP (Phase III)
- Interviewing skills
- Effective communication
Please ensure to familiarise yourself with our Registration Policies (incl. Cancellations and Transfers) before you register.
Please allow 24-48 hours to process your registration and receive your credentials to the course.
Completion of a comprehensive Pilates teacher program from a Pilates Method Alliance approved school (such as Polestar Ultimate Reformer Series or Polestar Comprehensive Studio/Rehabilitation course)
15 PDPs (16 hours)