Complete Pilates Matwork
WHAT IS COMPLETE MATWORK?
The Complete Matwork Series trains you to teach group mat classes with total confidence. Resolve faulty movement patterns with Pilates-based interventions on the mat.
Feel confident in verbal, tactile and combined cueing practices to facilitate motor learning, and be competent to work with healthy clients in any environment.
You will graduate a Polestar-qualified Matwork Pilates Teacher. Depending on your career path, you can take this as a stand-alone course, or continue training to gain the Polestar Pilates Diploma.
Complete Matwork courses 2021/2022
|2022 – Round 1|
|CITY||PP||Mat 1||Mat 2||Mat 3|
|SYDNEY||05-06 Feb||19-20 Feb||19-20 Mar||30 April – 01 May||OPENING DEC|
|MELBOURNE||12-13 Feb||26-27 Feb||26-27 Mar||7-8 May||OPENING DEC|
|PERTH||19-20 Feb||05-06 Mar||02-03 Apr||07-08 May||OPENEING DEC|
|BRISBANE||05-06 March||19-20 March||07-08 May||04-05 Jun||OPENING DEC|
|ADELAIDE||26-27 Mar||9-10 Apr||7-8 May||4-5 Jun||OPENING DEC|
|2021 – Round 2|
|CITY||PP||Mat 1||Mat 2||Mat 3|
|SYDNEY||Online||31 Jul-01 Aug||04-05 Sept||16-17 Oct||CLOSED|
|PERTH||28-29 Aug||11-12 Sept||16-17 Oct||13-14 Nov||CLOSED|
|BRISBANE||31 Jul-01 Aug||14-15 Aug||11-12 Sept||16-17 Oct||CLOSED|
The Complete Pilates Matwork Series consists of 4 x two-day on-site courses in this order: Polestar Principles, Mat 1, Mat 2, Mat 3, approx 1 month apart. The repertoire consists of over 60 exercises with variations and modifications.
WHAT YOU WILL FIND:
- 1 Year access to the 20 video modules
- Additional video material
- Quizzes after every video unit
- Private discussion forum for students (from all over the world!)
- Commentary of scientific papers about pain and movement latest research
Mat 1, Mat 2 & Mat 3 (3 x 2 days)
- Verbal and tactile cueing with visual imagery to facilitate accurate execution
- Program design and exercise sequencing
- Practical application of the repertoire through use of case studies
- Exercise modifications for a variety of populations
- Precautions and contraindications for exercise selection
- Lab time with fellow students
Government Accredited Training
These 5 units are drawn from the Polestar Pilates Comprehensive Instruction Method Diploma (10828NAT) which is a nationally recognised course under the Australian Qualification Framework. Polestar Australia is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) No. 91620. Graduates receive a Statement of Attainment for partial completion of this Diploma.
Students who graduate from Polestar’s Matwork series qualify for group membership with the Pilates Alliance of Australasia
Ability to apply the Polestar Pilates Principles & Postural assessment framework.
Ability to plan and instruct a beginner Polestar Pilates matwork class.
Ability to plan and instruct an intermediate to advanced Polestar Pilates matwork class
Ability to plan and instruct Polestar Pilates matwork classes using small apparatus
Ability to maintain work health and safety
POLESTAR’S ONLINE RESOURCE CENTRE
Upon registration, you are automatically enrolled into Polestar’s Online Resource Centre where you will have access to interactive study resources including lectures, case studies, repertoire review and much more. Check your inbox for an email outlining your homework assignments and lots of useful information for your course. During your first weekend Unit, you will receive your manuals and this is when you can start to complete your logbook hours.
Lectures & Homework: 155 hrs
Academic units: 50 hrs
Observation: 30 hrs
Self-Mastery: 50 hrs
Apprentice Teaching: 50 hrs
Final Exam: 3 hrs
LECTURES & HOMEWORK:
Hours include Polestar Principles and face to face training PP, M1-M3. Complete and return during your homework during face to face weekends.
Time spent observing Pilates Mat classes. Have your logbook hours signed off by a Polestar practitioner. Polestar Online Academy can be used for up to 10 observation hours.
This is your chance to practice the exercises and master the repertoire. 70% of your hours go to self mastery, and 30% to self directed practice which is practicing the repertoire at home or with other students, while reviewing the theory component. Pilates Online Academy can also be used for some of your self-directed hours.
Assisting a qualified Pilates instructor in a studio environment for practical experience and feedback. Once you have attained self-mastery of the repertoire, you will be ready to assist a Polestar Pilates instructor with a Mat class. This is a chance to deepen your practical experience and receive feedback on your teaching. Record these hours in your log book and have them signed off by your instructor.
Click here for Polestar’s list of mentors and studios you can work with.
You have 12 months from when you start Polestar Principles (PP) to take your exam. The exam consists of a two-hour multiple choice exam and class design case study, and a one hour practical exam showing demonstration and teaching skills. All your log book hours must be completed
|Polestar Complete Matwork Series Units: PP, M1, M2, M3, Course Manuals, Online portal, Logbook and Final Exam||$2,940
Payment plan: $550 x 4
Additional out of pocket expenses
- The practical self-mastery hours are at an additional cost to the course fees as you will be attending studios to complete these. Remember that 15 hours can be completed as self-directed study (unsupervised)
- Logbook sign off for teaching and demonstration of all repertoire. As you proceed through the course all repertoire learnt must be signed off by an Educator or Mentor for teaching and demonstration. Polestar allocates time at each face to face weekend for repertoire check off however sometimes students are not quite ready so this will need to be done in your own time and will incur additional fees by engaging a mentor or attending study groups in your city.
- Required Reading books: as noted in course overview above
All prices are in Australian dollars and include GST when applicable. All prices are subject to change without notice.