The Ultimate Reformer Series
The Ultimate Reformer Certification has been designed with all movement specialists in mind from physical therapists to personal trainers and group instructors
Graduates will be able to instruct Reformer classes in a Pilates Studio, small group session (semi or private); gym group classes; health center group classes; home and corporate environment.
- NSW, VIC, WA, SA, QLD
- Duration: 260 hours
- Lectures & Theory: 130 hrs
- Observation & Self Mastery: 80 hrs
- Apprentice Teaching: 50 hrs
- Final Exam within 12 months: 3 hrs
- Full Price: $2,790
- Payment method: $710 deposit + 4 monthly instalments of $520
Ultimate Reformer Series Courses 2022
|2022 – Round 1|
|CITY||PP||Reformer 1||Reformer 2||Reformer 3||REGISTER|
|SYDNEY||05-06 Feb||05-06 March||02-03 April||14-15 May||REGISTER|
|MELBOURNE||12-13 Feb||19- 20 Mar||30 Apr – 1 May||28-29 May||REGISTER|
|PERTH||19-20 Feb||19-20 Mar||30 Apr – 01 May||28-29 May||REGISTER|
|GOLD COAST||05-06 March||02-03 Apr||21-22 May||18-19 June||REGISTER|
|ADELAIDE||26-27 March||23-24 April||28-29 May||25-26 June||REGISTER|
|2022 – Round 2|
|CITY||PP||Reformer 1||Reformer 2||REGISTER|
The Ultimate Reformer Certification has been designed with all movement specialists in mind from physical therapists to personal trainers and group instructors. Graduates will be able to instruct Reformer classes in a Pilates Studio, small group session (semi or private); gym group classes; health center group classes; home and corporate environment.
PP – Pilates Principles of Movement (2-days)
Experience and apply the theories of movement that lay the foundation for Polestar Pilates in this prerequisite for all other Polestar courses. Using evidence-based research, you will discover the passage ways for movement throughout the body and develop the tools to provide either assistance for or challenge your clients in helping them achieve their goals. Polestar Principles will bring to life your ability to assess, problem-solve, design and modify exercise programs to meet specific needs and abilities.
This non-apparatus course introduces current research in movement science, motor learning, bioenergetics, and communication science to instructional practice through six basic movement principles which are used throughout the Polestar Pilates curriculum.
This course introduces Polestar Pilates Screening™, which includes postural evaluation and functional testing, to prepare you to properly design a plan to implement Pilates exercises for clients. This unique component significantly enhances decision-making skills as a Pilates practitioner.
For those individuals taking more than one fitness certification (such as Mat and/or Reformer), this course is required only once.
Reformer Levels 1-3 ; 6 days (3 x 2-day courses)
Maximize your use and application of this most versatile piece of apparatus in Pilates, the Reformer. Become proficient with assessment techniques, Pilates reformer exercises, movement sequences, and the application of Polestar Principles that you can use to excel your own practice or in a Pilates studio environment.
The Ultimate Reformer Certification consists of three x two-day course Units designed with all movement specialists in mind – from physical therapists to personal trainers and group instructors. The principles learned in PP will be applied throughout the three Units the following will be covered:
- Reformer exercises for beginners through to advanced levels
- Dynamics of group training
- Program design and exercise sequencing
- Advanced cueing skills
- Exercise modifications for a variety of populations
For information out our other courses including the Cert IV and Diploma check out the Polestar CAREER PATHWAY MAP .
This course does not contain limitations on access and equity, however it reserves the right to refuse an application if there is reasonable evidence to suggest that the applicant is physically incapable of carrying out the necessary requirements of Pilates training practice.
Minimum requirements for entry into this course are:
- Attainment of HSC or equivalent
- A good understanding of Pilates –a minimum of 25 hours of personal Pilates practice either in private or group sessions. This may include matwork and studio work (preferably with a Polestar Pilates certified practitioner).
- Successful completion of Polestar’s online Anatomy course or HLTAAP001 (Recognise healthy body systems in a health care context) equivalent. RPL for units completed through a recognised complementary health care college or RTO are accepted once transcript is provided to compliance.
- Completion of Polestar Matwork Series or Pilates Mat qualification from another Pilates education school of equivalent level
The Ultimate Reformer Course is made up of the following hours, all log book hours must be completed prior to taking your final examination:
- Lectures & Homework: 130 h
- Observation: 30 h
- Practice (Self-Mastery): 50 h
- Apprentice Teaching): 50 h
- Final Exam to be taken within 12 months of commencing (Practical & Theory): 3 hrs
Lecture hours include Principles online and face to face delivery of material.
To be completed and returned during your face to face weekends for assessment.
Student observes a Pilates Reformer class / Studio session in action, and has their logbook hours signed off by a certified practitioner. Polestar Online Academy can be used for up to 10 observation hours of this course.
SELF-MASTERY (AND SELF-DIRECTED)
• Self-study and self-mastery components both practical and theory. Self-mastery hours should make up 70% of total hours, with 30% being self-directed (self practice).
• NOTE: the practical self-mastery hours are at an additional cost to the course fees.
Assisting a qualified Pilates practitioner within a Pilates Studio workplace in order to gain practical experience and feedback on your teaching delivery. Click here for Polestar’s list of mentors and studios you can work with.
You have 12 months from the commencement of Principles (PP) to take your final exam. All logbook hours, face to face weekends and assignments must be completed. The exam consists of a 2 hour multiple choice and 1 hour practical. Please contact Student Admin when you are ready to book in.
Following is the recommended MINIMUM hours required per week for duration of the course:
- Self-Practice – minimum 1 hour per week
- Supervised Practice – minimum 2 hours per week
- Observation – minimum 2 hours per week
- Written homework – minimum 2 hours per month
|COURSE PACKAGES||Payment Plan|
|Ultimate REFORMER Certification Units: PP, Ref1, Ref2, Course Manuals, Logbook, Online portal and Final Exam||$2,790
Payment plan: $520 x 4
|Anatomy and Physiology Online Course||$349|
Note: there will be some additional costs which are not covered in the course fees. As part of your logbook hours all repertoire must be signed off for teaching and demonstration. Polestar allocates time at each face to face weekend for check off but if these are not completed they must be done in your own time at your cost with a Mentor. Also Self Mastery logbook hours will be at an additional cost, note that 15 hours can be completed as self directed study (unsupervised).
All prices are in Australian dollars and include GST when applicable. All prices are subject to change without notice.
Registration Policies (including Cancellations and Transfers) – Please refer to the REGISTRATION POLICY
You might also be interested in:
Complete Mat Series
Studio Rehab Series
Do you have questions or feedback?
We would love to hear from you. Please use the form below to send your message and we’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible.