Polestar Terms of Service
Registration Policies (including Cancellations and Transfers)
1. Payment Plan:
- Deposit is due at time of registration by either Credit Card or Direct Debit. Note credit card fees may apply.
- After registration your payment plan will incur a surcharge which will be payable to PayPal at their current rate.
- First payments commences the month the course starts, and will be processed on the 1st of every month.
- Dishonor fees apply for failed transactions, these will be automatically deducted from your account.
- NOTE: your registration is NOT confirmed until Deposit is received and Payment Plan has been setup.
2. Commitment: On registering for a course with Polestar Australia you confirm that you have read and understand the commitment of time required to complete the course. It is the Students responsibility to ensure the course hours fit into their schedule and life commitments.
3. Course Units and Exams must be completed within the following timescales: No qualification will be issued after these time lines.
- Ultimate Reformer Series: 12 months from Principles.
- Complete Matwork Series: 12 months from Principles.
- Pilates Studio and Rehab Training: 18 months from Principles.
- Cert IV Upgrade: 3 months from release of Units.
- Diploma Upgrade: 6 months from release of Units.
4. Course Cancellation Terms
- Courses cancelled in writing with 30 DAYS OR MORE notice prior to the start date of your first face to face weekend (PP or SR1) are eligible for a refund minus an ADMIN FEE. The Admin Fees for each course that will be deducted are: Mat & Reformer & Reformer: $300 – Studio & Rehab Series: $500
- Courses cancelled with LESS than 30 days’ notice prior the start date of your first face to face weekend (PP or SR1) are NOT accepted and NO REFUND will be issued.
- Courses cancelled after commencement of first face to face weekend (PP or SR1) are NOT accepted and NO REFUND will be issued. All payment schedules must still be honored.
- Courses cannot be cancelled due to change of mind, weddings, work travel, holidays, personal relocation or similar.
5. Cancellations due to special circumstances: If you have registered for and / or started your course and need to cancel due to special circumstances Polestar Australia will consider each application. Note proof of circumstances must be provided. These would include: bereavement within immediate family, debilitating injury. It does not include personal reasons such as: weddings, work travel, holidays, personal relocation or similar.
6. Use of Online instruction methods:
In the event that Polestar Pilates Australia either:
- Cannot provide courses, examinations or modules onsite due to circumstances or events beyond its control or
- Cannot ensure the safety and security of its staff and/or students where circumstances and events beyond its control
including weather conditions; any contagious diseases, epidemics or pandemics including but not limited to COVID-19 and their consequences; demonstrations; riots; civil unrest; curfew and city lock-downs, government travel restrictions, Polestar Pilates Australia may at its sole discretion:
- Replace those parts of courses, modules, examinations which can be so replaced without compromising Polestar instruction standards, with online instruction and reschedule such parts of the courses, modules, examinations which cannot be replaced by online instruction- at no additional cost to students.
- Reschedule the said courses, examination or modules in their entirety – at no additional cost to students.
- Cancel any scheduled courses, examination or modules in their entirety – at no additional cost to students
No financial compensation will be payable to students in circumstances 1. and 2. above.
Full refund of fees paid for cancelled course, examination, module will be made to students for circumstances 3. above.
7. Unit Transfers Requests
- If you are unable to attend a Unit that is scheduled for your course it can be made up privately with an Educator at an additional Fee of $100 per hour (except for Principles).
- Alternatively you can complete the Unit in another State at your own travel costs. Note that all Units must be completed in the same order, intake and cannot be changed.
- Units cannot be transferred to another year / intake. All courses must be completed within the stated timeline.
- Transfer approvals are dependent on course numbers in the requested location. Transfers will NOT BE CONFIRMED until Registrations have been closed at the requested location. Note this occurs 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
- Online academic units cannot be transferred to another year / intake.
- Transfer Fee: $150 per Unit applies.
8. Course Extension:
- All courses must be completed within the stated timeline. (Mat & Reformer Series 12 months, Studio/Rehab 18 months).
- If you need to extend due to special circumstances Polestar Australia will consider each application. Note proof of circumstances must be provided. These would include: bereavement within immediate family, debilitating injury / illness. It does not include personal reasons such as: weddings, work travel, holidays, personal relocation or similar situations.
- Course Extension Fee: $350 applies
9. Course fees DO NOT INCLUDE: Required reading materials for reading and writing assignments; coaching hours for logbook completion with a Mentor (including observation, self-mastery practice and apprentice teaching); Study Groups, Personal extras (sundries, travel and accommodation), DVD’s, Coaching or Mentoring and any assessment re-sit fee. Transfer fee to another state.
10. Course fees INCLUDE: Weekend lectures and labs (PP, M1-M3, REF1-REF2, SR1-SR6), course manuals, logbooks, access to Academic Units online, final exam, morning and afternoon refreshments
11. A USI (Unique Student Identifier Number) must be provided at Registration – final certifications cannot be provided without the USI number being submitted to Polestar Australia
12. Registration deadline is 14 days in advance of course start date. Registration received less than 14 days will be processed only if space is available. You are not registered until you receive written confirmation from Polestar Pilates.
13. Registration is limited to between 15-25 participants depending on location and studio size. Registration received for a course that has reached full capacity will not be processed and you will be contacted. Courses will only go ahead with a minimum of 10 participants.
14. Polestar Pilates reserves the right to postpone or cancel any course due to, but not limited to; weather conditions; any contagious diseases, epidemics or pandemics including but not limited to COVID-19 and their consequences; demonstrations; riots; civil unrest; curfew and city lock-downs, government travel restrictions. If we cancel a course, you will have the option of transferring to another course or receiving a full refund. Polestar is not responsible for any travel costs due to cancellation.
15. You understand that you will attend the Polestar course, use the facilities and equipment at your own risk. At registration you confirm that all medical conditions and injuries, both past and present have been disclosed and where required have obtained clearance from your general practitioner.
16. You will take it upon yourself to discuss any changes to your current health with your instructor. You recognise that the instructor is not able to provide medical advice with regard any medical fitness and that the information provided is used as a guideline to the limitations of my ability to exercise.
17. All courses commence at 8.00am and finish at 5.00pm, with a 1-hour lunch break (lunch not included in fees).
Exam Cancellation Terms
- You can only book your final exam once you have attended all your course Units i.e. PP, M1-M3
- A cancellation fee of $150 applies for all exams cancelled within 2 weeks of your confirmed exam date