OOV Fundamentals Level 1 – Brisbane
Oov Fundamentals Level 1
OOV Education bridges the gap between disciplines of movement, bodywork, health, wellness, healing, and performance. We are committed to sharing the latest best practice research in our courses, ensuring your education and experiences with the Oov continue to evolve. An introduction to working with the Oov begins with the OOV Fundamentals (Level I) Course.
Courses are experiential and you will need to purchase an Oov with the course if you do not already have one. Ordered Oov’s will be waiting for you at the host site. Price range below varies if you are bringing your own OOV or buying one with the package
What you will learn:
Strength, speed, power and agility are achieved more effectively if your client can maintain motor control, stability and endurance; these form the basis of the exercises in the Oov Foundation Course.
- Recognise how using the Oov can facilitate improvement in Functional Movement
- Balance Training as a means to enhance motor learning and performance
- The ability to take traditional Mat Pilates exercises and apply them to the Oov
- Proficient at creating stability for clients by improving their mobility on the Oov
- Understand the role that Dissociation plays in enhancing stability training
- The Four Pillars of Movement and their relationship to efficient performance; the cornerstone of your ability to teach Functional Movement
- Identify faulty or inefficient Movement Patterns with regards to postural type
- The structure and the queuing techniques to facilitate Mat Pilates on the Oov
Out of care for our environment; course materials for this course are not printed out. When you have registered for your Oov Course, you will receive access to your support materials online. Your are welcome to print the manual if you feel this is helpful to your learning process. Please consider our environment before printing course materials.
This course is ideal for:
- Physical Therapists
- Massage Therapists
- Practitioners of movement such as, Pilates instructors, Yoga instructors, fitness instructors, Alexander Technique, Feldenkrais, Gyrotonic, Coaches with a movement science background, and more.
The OOV Fundamentals (Level I) course is a prerequisite for the OOV Education programs that cover each discipline and specialty area, all based on latest research and best practices.
15 PDPs (16 hours) with the PAA