Pilates For Lumbar Disc Pathologies And Neural Pain
THE INJURY SERIES PART 3: PILATES FOR LUMBAR DISC PATHOLOGIES
Lumbar pathology is a complex topic and this workshop makes it simple! Disc pathology and neural pain are extremely common presentations in the Pilates studio. Learn how to manage them effectively.
Some lumbar pathologies include sciatic pain, disc herniations, past surgeries or stenosis. There is so much to understand with this area. This workshop will help you understand typical symptoms that present with the pathologies to achieve better outcomes for your clients. Learn about referrals and ways to reduce the chances of aggravating this group whilst helping them improve with Pilates.
What you will learn:
- Understand Common disc pathology symptoms and presentations
- Anatomy & Biomechanics of the lumbar spine
- Common pathologies (facet joint irritations, disc injuries & discussion on the clinical terminology)
- Neural pain and sciatica
- Exercises appropriate to begin with including regressions & progressions
- When to refer and how to work alongside the referring practitioner
- Review of the latest clinical studies of strength exercises and contraindication for these conditions
Completion of a comprehensive Pilates teacher program from a Pilates Method Alliance approved school (such as Polestar Ultimate Reformer Series or Polestar Comprehensive Studio/Rehabilitation course)